F.Y.B.Sc. Term I Paper I Botany Pune University according to new syllabus 2013-14
Author: Dr. Hema Sane
Book Id: 1510
This product is not sold individually. You must select at least 1 quantity for this product.
Warning: Last items in stock!
About the Book
This book is based on the revised syllabus of the University of Pune for FY B.Sc. Botany students. Questions from past University papers and exercise are included at the end of each chapter for students to practice
The diversity of plant life is essential in most of our terrestrial ecosystems. Humans and most other animals are almost totally dependent on plants, directly or indirectly, as a source of energy through their ability to convert the sun's energy through photosynthesis.
This book covers the structure, nutrition, nomenclature, distinguishing feature, reproduction and life cycle of main plant groups, Algae, Fungi, Lichens, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms, and Angiosperms. All topics are covered meticulously and in detail so that students can grasp the topic well. Charts, diagrams, tables with explanation are provided for the benefit of the students. Past University questions and Exercise is provided at the end of each chapter which will help students in preparing from examination point of view.
The author of this book, Dr. Hema Saneis anoted academician and environmentalist. She has vast teaching experience. This book reveals her passion for plants and botanical interests.
1. Introduction to Plant Diversity
1. What is Biodiversity?
2. Diversity in the Plant Kingdom
3. Classification of Plant Kingdom
1. Classification of Cryptogams by G. M. Smith
2. Introduction to Algae
3. Classification of Algae according to G. M. Smith
4. Life Cycle of Spirogyra
2. General Characters and Outline Classification according to G. M. Smith
3. Life Cycle Pattern in Cystopus (Albugo)
3. Nature of Association
4. External Morphology of the Lichen Thallus
5. Internal Structure of Lichen Thallus
6. Reproduction in Lichens
2. General Characters of Bryophyta
3. Classification of Bryophyta
1. General Characters
2. Salient Features of Divisions of Pteridophyta
2. Life Cycle of Cycas
3. The Life Cycle of a Gymnosperms
2. General Characters
3. Causes of Evolutionary Success Angiosperms
4. Comparative Account of Monocotyledons and Dicotyledons
No customer comments for the moment.